Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration provides a unidirectional sync of Dynamics 365 accounts and contacts with Amity accounts and people. The integration synchronizes every 2 hours.
Amity's customer success team will install, configure, and enable your integration.
In order to do this, we need you to do the following:
- Find your Dynamics CRM organization URL
- Grant consent to the Amity Dynamics Integration application
- Create an application user
- Create a custom security role
- Assign the custom security role to the user
- Find your Azure Active Directory tenant ID
Step 1 - Find your Dynamics 365 organization URL
Before we can install the Amity Dynamics Integration application, you must first provide your Dynamics 365 organization URL.
1. Log into your Dynamics 365 organization.
2. Look at your browser's address bar. You should see URL that looks something like this:
where X is a number (e.g. "crm2", "crm3", etc.)
3. Copy the URL from your browser's address bar and provide it to your Amity customer success manager.
After your Amity customer success manager receives the URL, they can install the integration in your Amity instance.
Step 2 - Grant admin consent
Next, your Amity customer success manager will ask you to complete these steps in order to grant admin consent to the Amity Dynamics Integration application.
1. Login into Amity as a user that is a member of Administrator role.
2. Click the Settings app.
3. Click Integrations.
4. Locate the Microsoft Dynamics integration and click the blue Connect button.
5. Your browser will be redirected to the Microsoft Sign In page.
6. Login with a user that is a member of Global Administrator role.
7. Click the Accept button.
8. If successful, your browser will be redirected back to Amity. The blue Connect button on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM panel will be replaced with a green Connected button.
Step 3 - Create an application user
The integration application requires a Dynamics application user. The procedure to create an application user is different from creating a licensed user. Use the following steps:
1. Log in your Dynamics 365 organization as a system administrator.
2. Navigate to Settings > Security > Users.
3. In the view drop-down, select Application Users.
4. Click New. Then verify that you are using the Application user form.
If you do not see the Application ID, Application ID URI and Azure AD Object ID fields in the form, you must select the Application User form from the list:
5. In the Account Information section, enter the following:
- User Name:email@example.com
- Application ID: 26a76536-d99a-42cc-8261-bf2629af9c39
The Application ID URI and Azure AD Object ID fields will be updated when the user is created.
6. In the User Information section, enter the following:
- First Name: Amity
- Last Name: Integration
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Click Save & Close.
8. Review the list of application users. It should be similar to this:
Step 4 - Create a custom security role
Dynamics does not allow application users to be associated with any of the default security roles. You must create a custom security role to associate with the application user.
1. Navigate to Settings > Security > Security Roles
2. Click New.
3. Set the role name to Amity Integration.
4. Provide read privileges at the organization (global) level for the following entities:
- Business Unit
- Attribute Map
- Entity Key
- Entity Map
5. Click Save & Close.
Step 5 - Assign the custom security role
1. Navigate to Settings > Security > Users.
2. In the view drop-down, select Application Users.
3. Click the Amity Integration user.
4. Click Manage Roles.
5. Click the checkbox beside the Amity Integration security role.
6. Click Ok.
Step 6 - Find your Azure Active Directory tenant ID
1. Log into the Microsoft Azure portal (https://portal.azure.com) as an administrator.
2. Click Azure Active Directory.
3. Under Manage, click Properties.
4. The tenant ID is shown in the Directory ID box. Copy the value and provide it to your Amity customer success manager.
Step 7 - Notify Amity
Notify your Amity customer success manager when you have successfully completed all of the steps. Be sure to provide the Azure Active Directory tenant ID.
Amity will only synchronize Dynamics accounts that have the new_amity_sync custom field set to "Yes" (true). All other accounts will be ignored.
Create a new custom field in the Account entity.The recommended display name is "Amity Sync". The field name must be "new_amity_sync". The data type must be "Two Options".
Deleted Dynamics accounts will not be synchronized.
If a Dynamics account is deleted after it has been synchronized with Amity, the Amity account will not be deleted.
Amity will only synchronize Dynamics contacts that are associated with synchronized Dynamics accounts.
Deleted Dynamics contacts will not be synchronized.
If a Dynamics contact is deleted after it has been synchronized with Amity, the Amity participant will not be deleted.
Amity will not synchronize an email address that is malformed.