Before using Amity, you should familiarize yourself with its basic structures. The user interface consists of the following components, which will be covered in more detail throughout the article.
- Global toolbar: can be used to find any person or account; there are also other individual features.
- App menu: a drop-down list of all the Amity apps available to you.
- Views panel: a recurring element that accompanies most apps. Views allow you to filter content in the main window.
- Main window: where most of your content is shown.
The global toolbar
The global toolbar is the blue bar at the top of the user interface. In addition to the search bar, there are also options to add new items to apps, display alerts, and manage your profile.
- App Menu - Click to see a list of Amity apps.
- Search Bar - Quickly search for accounts, people and plays.
- Add Menu - Add tasks, engagements, and other entities.
- Alerts - Click the icon to display your alerts.
- User Menu - Click to access your profile or log out.
The app menu
In the left-hand corner of the global toolbar is the icon for the app menu. Clicking it will provide a list of all the apps you can access as well as other resources.
The views panel
Most Amity apps have a views panel on the right-hand side. When you click on a view, the content in the main window will change. You can add a new view by clicking the blue plus button at the bottom of the panel. To edit, clone or delete a view, click the action menu beside the view.
You can hide the view panel by clicking on the chevron icon located on the right side. To show the panel, click the chevron again.
The main window
The content of the main window differs depending on what app you are using, as well as which view is selected. The screenshot below demonstrates the main window of the Accounts app.