Before using Amity, it's important to familiarize yourself with its basic structures. The user interface consists of the following components:
- the global toolbar: can be used to find any person or account; there are also other individual features.
- the app toolbar: a list of all the Amity apps available to you.
- the views panel: a recurring element that accompanies most apps. Views allow you to filter content in the main window.
- the main window: where most of your content is shown.
The global toolbar
The global toolbar is the grey bar at the top of the interface. In addition to the search bar, there are other options to choose from.
- Search Bar - Quickly search for accounts, people and plays.
- Add Task - Create a task.
- Engage - Create an engagement.
- Alerts - Display your alerts.
- User Menu - Click to access your profile and support resources or log out.
The app toolbar
On the left side is the app toolbar, containing all the core features Amity offers.
The views panel
Most Amity apps have a views panel on the right-hand side. When you click on a view, the content in the main window will change. There are buttons located at the bottom to add, edit, and clone views.
The main window
The content of the main window differs depending on what app you are using, as well as which view is selected. The screenshot below demonstrates the main window of the Accounts app.
The main window also shows all the properties of the item(s) you are viewing. At the top is the app toolbar with its own search bar, as well as options to hide views, the dashboard, export CSV files and add Accounts. The dashboard offers an at-a-glance view of all your item's properties in your current app.