Amity integrates with Google G Suite (formerly called Google Apps).
Amity can import email messages and stores them as engagements. Once enabled, the integration will check for new messages every hour.
Amity uses a Google service account to access email in your company's G Suite Gmail system.
Before Amity can import email from Gmail, you must ask your system administrator to do the following:
- Enable API access
- Grant API client access to Amity's service accounts
- Provide the email address of your system administrator
Part 1 - Enable API Access
- Log into https://admin.google.com.
- Click the Security icon in the Admin console section. If you do not see the Security icon, click on the More Controls button at the bottom of the page.
- Click API reference.
- Look for the API access section. Click the Enable API access checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Part 2 - Grant API client access to Amity's service account
- Scroll down and click Show more.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Look for the Authentication section. Click Manage API client access.
- Copy the following value into the Client Name field:
This value is the unique client name that Google created for Amity's service account.
- Copy the following API scopes into the One or More API Scopes field:
- Click Authorize.
The final result will look like this:
Part 3 - Provide email address
Once part 1 and 2 are complete, provide the email address of your G Suite system administrator to your Amity Customer Success Manager.
Email messages can consist of multiple parts. Each part has a type. The types are plain text, HTML text, and binary file attachments (photos, documents, spreadsheets, etc.). Amity does not parse HTML text or binary attachments. If the email only contains an attachment or HTML text, the message body will appear empty in the Amity engagement. This limitation is rarely a problem because the vast majority of email applications will generate both plain text and HTML text whenever a message is created.
Google does not provide IMAP access to Google Groups. As a result, Amity cannot access the email in the group. However, if you sync the mailbox of any user that belongs to the group, Amity will have access to group emails in the user's mailbox.