This article covers the basics of engagements.
It covers the following sections:
- What are engagements?
- Add an engagement
- View an engagement
- Edit and delete an engagement
- Filter engagements
- Search engagements
What are engagements?
In Amity, an engagement is a meeting, phone call, email message or chat that you have with a customer.
Engagements can be created manually and automatically by using integrations with email and communication systems like Gmail, Office 365, Intercom.
All accounts and people have a Last Engaged property. This property contains the date and time of the most recent engagement.
Add an engagement
Follow these steps to record an engagement:
- Navigate to the white plus button on the right side of the global toolbar.
- Click Engagement.
- Select the Method.
- If necessary, change the When field to the correct date and time.
- Add people to the People field. Note that every engagement requires at least one Amity user.
- Optional: Select topics.
- Optional: Add notes.
- Click Record.
The engagement modal contains important fields such as the person the engagement is tied to, the method, and notes.
If you check the Do not update box then this engagement will not change the value of the 'Last Engaged' property in the associated account and person records.
View an engagement
You can view an account's or person's engagements by navigating to their profile and clicking on Engagements in the side menu.
At the top is a graph that displays all engagements for the past 90 days, as well as an engagement icon glossary. There is a search bar on the right side that allows you to find any engagements for that specific account or person.
Edit and delete an engagement
- Click on an account or person and navigate to Engagements in the side menu.
- Click on the action menu of the engagement you want to edit.
- Make your changes in the engagement modal and click Save.
- You can also click Delete in the bottom left corner of the modal.
There are six different ways to filter engagements in an account or person profile.
- All engagements
- Chat engagements
- Email engagements
- Meeting engagements
- Phone engagements
- Other engagements
Search for engagements
When you search engagements in the account or person profile, the search results will be limited to the specific account or person.
If you want to search for engagements across multiple accounts or people, use the Search app.