Amity's Intercom integration imports in-app message conversations between Intercom users and admins. The conversations are synchronized every hour and updates are stored in Amity engagements.
Before we can enable Intercom integration for you, we must grant Amity permission to connect to your Intercom workspace (app). Follow the instructions provided below.
Grant Amity permission to connect
- Login into Amity as a user with administrator authority.
- Click the Settings app.
- Click Integrations.
- Locate the Intercom integration and click the blue Authorize button.
- Your browser will be redirected to the Intercom page that looks like this:
- Click the Connect button.
- If successful, your browser will be redirected back to Amity. The blue Connect button on the Intercom will be replaced with a green Connected button.
Notify your Amity Customer Success Manager once you have successfully connected.
How conversations are imported
The integration imports each Intercom conversations into a single Amity chat engagement.
Amity will not import an Intercom conversation if any of the people involved are unknown. A person is considered unknown if Amity (a) can’t associate their email address with an existing person record and (b) the person is not associated with an account.
Intercom allows incoming conversations to be unassigned or assigned to a team. In this case, the integration will review all of the Intercom admin users involved in the conversation. All admin users will then be treated as 'assignees'.