In this release, we focused on delivering new features and enhancements to the Tasks app. It's been a long long time since the Task app received any attention.
Behold All the Tasks
By popular demand, we've made a significant change to the Task app. You can now see all user tasks. Previously, the Tasks app only displayed tasks assigned to the current user.
To help you, we introduced 2 new predefined views:
- All Tasks - You can now see your team members' tasks by clicking on the All Tasks view.
- My Tasks - This view will display all tasks assigned to you.
When you click on a task, a sidebar will appear on the right side of the page. The sidebar contains details about the task and associated account and play. You can also quickly complete or delete a task by clicking on the buttons at the bottom of the sidebar.
Improved Card Appearance
The task card now displays user avatar images for the task assignee and collaborators, along with the name and due date of the task. If the task has been associated with an account, the name of that account will appear on the card.
You can add other users as collaborators to your tasks. They can see these tasks using views.
When the time tracking feature is enabled, you can record time spent on individual tasks. To enable time tracking, go to Settings > Tasks > Enable Time Tracking.
More View Filters
We enhanced the Task views. You can now filter tasks on the assignee, created by, collaborator and time spent properties.
Rich Text Editor
Rich text is now available in the task description editor. Use bold, italic, underline, colors, bullet points or numbered lists to add details to your task descriptions.
Custom properties for people
People can now have custom properties just like accounts.
Available for accounts and people.
The Contact Us button has moved
The pesky contact us button was always getting in the way so we moved it from the lower right-hand corner to a button in the top bar.
- Admin users can customize role values for people in the Settings > People > Settings
- Bug fixes and improvements to engage adding and editing.
- When you click task card to display the sidebar, the color of the card will change to indicate the currently selected card.
- The background color of a play or card will change when the mouse hovers over it so you can easily identify where your pointer is.