The person entity is used to store information about an individual person. A person is usually associated with an account.
This article covers the following sections:
- Add a person
- Person Properties
- Person type
- Account Associations
- Delete a person
- Related entities
Add a person
People can be added through the global toolbar or the People app.
From global toolbar
- Navigate to the People app.
- Click the grey plus button in the top right of the app toolbar.
- Fill in the properties. Click Add.
From People app
- Navigate to the People app.
- Click on the plus button in the right of the toolbar.
- Fill in the properties.
- Click Add.
Every person entity consists of several properties. Properties are used to store information that you use when working with your customers. For instance, a person can have a first name, last name, birthdate, description, etc. The last name property is required. You can also create custom properties to store information unique to your business needs.
How to edit properties
- Navigate to the People app and click on a person.
- Click on the action menu of the main Overview panel to edit related information if they are associated with an account.
- Or, you can click on the side Overview panel to edit the person’s personal information.
The type property is a read-only property that is automatically calculated by Amity. The type has three possible values.
- Staff: The person is a staff member/employee of your company.
- Customer: The person is associated with an account.
- Unknown: The person is neither Staff nor Customer.
The following properties are automatically calculated by Amity. The values are read-only. You cannot modify these properties.
- Last active: The date and time of the person’s last activity.
- Last engaged: There was a meeting, chat, email or phone call logged.
People can be associated with multiple accounts, and some can be made key contacts. There is no limit to how many people may be associated with an account.
Add an association
- Navigate to the Accounts app and click on an account to open its profile page.
- Click on People in the side menu.
- Click on the grey plus button in the top right of the main panel.
- Fill out the person’s information, and click Add.
Alternatively, you can:
- Navigate to the People app and click on a person’s profile.
- Navigate to the main Overview panel and click the grey plus button in the top right.
- Fill out the contact information, and click Add.
- Navigate to the person’s profile page and click on the action menu of the overview panel.
- Click the red Delete button. (Note that this deletes the person’s contact information for the account, not the person itself.)
People can be made key contacts from either the Accounts app or People app as long as they are associated with an account.
Navigate to the account or person’s profile page and click on the star beside the person’s name.
Delete a person
- Navigate to the person’s profile page.
- Click at the bottom of the side menu.
- Click Delete.
As the name may imply, related entities stored related information about the person. These include Activities, Engagements, Notes and Tickets. With these entities, you can store information regarding the person’s activity on Amity, any engagements they’ve made, notes pertaining to them, and support tickets they’ve opened.