If you're an Amity user, then you spend a lot of your time helping your customers. The Account and People apps in Amity are your core databases for maintaining these important relationships.
Managing your accounts and people is an easy thing to do in Amity. There are extensive properties for each type of record that allows for plenty customization and easy tracking. From more important ones such as an account's Insight to a less important one like a person's description, all properties are organized in a way that is easy to navigate and understand.
Accounts and people are also closely related. An account is made up of several contacts, and similarly, most if not all people are attached to an account. Due to these shared features, the two apps are structured the same way.
In this guide, you'll learn how to interact with your Account and People records and properties to manage them efficiently. It covers:
- A brief guide to Accounts and People
- The Accounts Dashboard
- The Account and People tables
- Adding accounts and people
- Searching for records
- Using views
- Exporting CSV files
Quick Tour of the Accounts and People apps
The Accounts and People apps share the same layout, as seen below. The screenshot shows the Accounts app.
The Account Dashboard
The Account Dashboard is available in the Accounts app. The dashboard provides summary information about accounts in the current view over the selected time period. For more details, see the Account Dashboard article.
The Account and People tables
The main window of both apps displays tables of your records and extra details divided into separate columns. Above them is a dashboard that is collapsible.
You can widen the columns if you prefer. Also, if you click on them you can toggle between viewing those items in ascending or descending order i.e. if you click on the Health column, you can view the records who have green Health first, and clicking it again will you show you ones that are red.
The orange button at the top shows you which view you're currently using. There are also additional features on its right side.
Adding Accounts and People
- Navigate to the Accounts app.
- Click the plus symbol button in the top right corner of the grid.
- Click Add Account.
- Type in the account name.
- Optional but recommended: Type in the email domain(s) for the account.
- Click the Add button.
- Click on People in the app menu.
- Navigate to the plus button, located on the top right.
- Click on Accounts in the app menu.
- Choose a company and navigate to People in the side menu.
- You can add People from there with the plus button on the top right.
Searching for records
There are search bars at the top of the main window that will you allow you to find a record within that app. Alternatively, if you remember which view that record is part of but not the actual name, you can use the search bar in the view panel.
Using views to search for each app
The view panel displays a list of all of your views, whether they are system-made or ones you've created. You can use them to quickly find records of accounts and people.
If you have several views, using the view search bar will be helpful in locating your view of choice so you can find records even faster.
Exporting to CSV
- Navigate to the main window of either app and click the CSV button on the right.
- Clicking on the icon will display a pop-up menu, from which you can select any or all properties to export.