This article covers the basic of custom properties.
It includes the following sections:
- What are custom properties?
- Add a property
- Disable a property
What are custom properties?
Custom properties are unique to the Accounts and People apps. Custom properties offer you the opportunity to create your own properties beneficial to you, that will help you manage your customers more efficiently.
Note: They can be disabled, but not deleted.
You can create Name, Description, Type, API Name, and ID values for custom properties.
Add a property
- Navigate to the Settings app and click on Accounts or People under the Configuration
- Click the grey plus button to bring up the editing page.
- Fill out the fields and click the blue Add button.
Disable a property
- Navigate to the Settings app and click on Accounts or People under the Configuration tab.
- On the Custom Properties tab, navigate to one of the enabled properties and unclick the check-box.
Note: Disabled properties have their own tab that they appear under, so don't be alarmed when it disappears from the list you're currently seeing.