This article covers the basic of custom properties.
It includes the following sections:
- What are custom properties?
- Types of custom properties
- Add a custom property
- Disable a custom property
What are custom properties?
Custom properties are unique to the Accounts and People apps. Custom properties offer you the opportunity to create your own properties beneficial to you, that will help you manage your customers more efficiently.
Types of custom properties
Amity supports the following custom property types:
Allows the user to check a box to set the property value to true or uncheck to set the value to false.
Allows users to enter a date and time.
Allows users to enter any number. The value is treated as a real number.
Allows users select a single value from a predefined list.
Allows users to enter any combination of letters, numbers, or symbols.
Allows users to enter up to 1024 characters of any valid website address. When users click on the value, the URL will open in a separate browser window. Any text that does not begin with a valid protocol will have “http://” prepended to it. Only HTTP and HTTPS protocols are allowed in this property.
Add a custom property
- Navigate to the Settings app and click on Accounts or People under Configuration
- Click the grey plus button to bring up the editing page.
- Fill out the fields and click the blue Add button.
Disable a custom property
A custom property cannot be deleted in Amity. However, it can be disabled.
To disable a custom property:
- Navigate to the Settings app and click on Accounts or People under the Configuration tab.
- On the Custom Properties tab, navigate to one of the enabled properties and unclick the check-box.
Note: Disabled properties have their own tab that they appear under, so don't be alarmed when it disappears from the list you're currently seeing.