This article explains how to set up, edit, and send email templates in Amity.
This article covers the following topics:
- Email template types
- Adding an email template
- Adding an email signature
- Inserting images
- NPS emails
- Customer marketing emails
- Value emails
- Send email template
Email template types
There are 3 types of email templates:
- Customer templates are for emails that will be sent to customers. These emails are sent from an Amity user (often the CSM assigned to the account).
- Team member templates are for emails that will be sent to team members. These emails are from Amity.
- The signature template is attached automatically to the bottom of all emails sent to customers. It is not attached to team member emails.
Adding an email template
You can send emails to your team members that may vary from ones that you send to your customers. Templates will save you time if you regularly send out emails.
If you send a lot of emails to your customers, templates will save you from rewriting emails again and again.
- Navigate to Settings and click Email Templates under the Automation heading.
- Click Team Members or Customers.
- Click the grey plus button.
- Fill in the mandatory fields.
- Click Create.
Adding an email signature
Adding email signatures to your templates is a great way to personalize your customer communications.
With simple styling, create a signature with all of the important contact information your customers might need.
- Navigate to Settings > Automation > Email Templates.
- Click on Signature.
- Fill in your signature and click Save.
The features of the message box include editing the text, inserting images, formatting the text, adding tables, and inserting placeholders.
You can bring Amity's automation even further by using placeholders in your templates. This is a customizable approach that you can use to personalize your emails however you want.
The placeholder menu options are different depending on the template. For instance, customer email templates have Sender placeholders.
When inserting images into your email templates, we recommend you use jpeg, png, and gif file types because they are more widely supported on different email clients compared to other file types. You can read more about which is the best image format for email here.
To insert an image:
- Click on the insert image icon in the toolbar.
- In the Source field, enter the URL of the image you want to insert.
The URL should be publicly accessible.
- Add a description for the image. This will not appear in the email.
- Change the dimensions if the original size is not what you want.
You can also manually change the image size once it's been inserted.
- Click Ok.
- Click Create or Save in the template editor.
Note: You can copy/paste an image into the email template editor, but this image will appear broken when you send the email. As such, use the steps above to insert an image.
The Net Promoter Score is a one-question survey in which you ask your customer “How likely are you to recommend our product to friends or colleagues?”
Customer Success teams pay close attention to NPS is that low because decreasing NPS indicates an existing risk of churn. You can integrate Amity with a customer feedback platform like Wootric to easily automate feedback emails.
For more information on the Wootric integration, click here.
Customer marketing emails
You can also design customer-oriented emails about your product's newest features and updates.
You can send your customers a measure of the value they’re achieving with your software with a value email. This ensures that your customers know what they are achieving from using your software while making you and your customers successful.
Want to learn more?
Read about how to manage email templates in Amity.