This tutorial demonstrates how to send an email only one time to your accounts, such as for a feature release, using rules and tags.
- You have an Amity user with administrator role
Step 1: Tag accounts
Before sending a one-time email, tag all the accounts that should receive the email. You can do this in bulk using a rule (then skip to Step 2) or manually (as described below).
- Navigate to an account's profile page.
- Navigate to the Overview panel on the right side and click its action menu.
- Click an existing tag or type a new one to fill the value under Tags.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Add a rule
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Click on Rules under the Automation heading.
- Click on the grey plus button in the top right to bring up the Rule Editor page.
Step 3: Set the conditions
- Click the grey plus button under filters and find Tags in the dropdown menu.
- Set the tag to the one you created for this one-time email.
Step 4: Add actions
- Under Actions, change the type to "Email customers".
- Fill out the sender information and subject line.
- Check the "Prevent this action from repeating" box, or the rule will trigger every time your conditions are met.
- As this is a one-time email, add a second action with the type "Remove account tags" to remove the tag you had added from the recipient accounts.
- Click Create in the top right corner of the Rule Editor to put your rule into effect.
Want to learn more?
For more detailed information on using rules in Amity, check out this article.