This tutorial demonstrates how to use a rule to add a tag to accounts.
- You have an Amity user with administrator role
Step 1: Add a rule
What is a rule? A rule automatically performs actions when certain conditions occur.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Click on Rules under the Automation heading.
- Click on the grey plus button in the top right to bring up the Rule Editor page.
Step 2: Set the conditions
- Depending on which accounts you want to tag, select a trigger, insight, or filter. You can use a combination of these conditions as well.
- To use an insight or trigger, click the grey plus button.
Step 3: Add the action
You can add more than one tag in actions, but remember those tags will be added to every account affected by this rule.
- Under Actions, change the type to "Add account tags".
- Under Tags, type out your tag or select an existing one. You can add more than one tag.
- Click Create in the top right corner of the Rule Editor to put your rule into effect.
Want to learn more?
For more detailed information on using rules in Amity, check out this article.