The article covers the following topics:
- What is Open Email view?
- Using Open Email view
- Removing emails from Open Email view
- Creating a personal Open Email view
What is Open Email view?
The Open Email view shows you information regarding an email when that email was the last engagement you had with an account or person, and when you were a recipient of that email.
In the Accounts app, this view shows open emails from anyone in an account, but not the sender’s name (as seen in the People app). This is helpful for overall governance of emails, allowing you and your team to see which accounts need to be checked in on.
Note: If you are looking at an account, and want to see which person has the open email, copy and paste the account name into the Search field in People portfolio. You can then get the whole engagement picture for the account, and see who has an open email.
In the People app, this view shows the account and the individual sender of an email, allowing you to locate the email more easily in your inbox. This is helpful for keeping track of specific contacts and emails in general.
Using Open Email view
You can sort emails by “Last incoming email” to see your emails in order of date from oldest to newest.
With this information, you can efficiently manage your inbox and reply to everyone who’s waiting to hear back from you.
Removing emails from Open Email view
Once you’ve replied to the email, you can either wait an hour for Amity to update the view and remove the email from your list, or mark the change in the People app. You can also do the latter for emails that don’t require a response.
To manually remove emails from the view, follow these steps:
- Go to the People app and find the “Open Email” view
- Locate the email that no longer requires a response.
- In the “Email OK” column, double click ‘No.’
- Check off the empty box that appears to change the input to ‘Yes.’
- Click outside the box to save the changes.
- A dialogue box saying, “Account changes saved” will appear. Now, you can refresh the page to update the view which will remove that email from your Open Email view.
If the sender sends another email, the view will update again to show the new message
Note: If you mark an email as ‘OK’, the email will be removed from all email related views.
Creating a personal Open Email view
You can create your own personal Open Email view by following these steps:
- Clone the Open Email view.
- Change the name of the view to include your name.
- Add a filter for ‘Last incoming recipient’ equal to ‘To:[Your Name]’.
- Click Save.