The article covers the following topics:
- What is Open Email view?
- Using Open Email view
- Removing emails from Open Email view
- Creating a personal Open Email view
What is Open Email view?
The Open Email view in the People portfolio shows all contacts where the last engagement was an incoming email:
This view shows the account and the individual sender of an email, allowing you to locate the email more easily in your inbox. It also shows the recipient(s), and first line of the email - allowing for a quick decision on whether a response is required.
This is helpful for avoiding those 'week old' email surprises - nothing slips through the cracks.
Using Open Email view
You can sort emails by “Last incoming email” to see your emails in order of date from oldest to newest. The idea is to get this list to zero every day.
The workflow is as follows: at the beginning or end of your day - or even if you have 5 minutes between meetings! - jump into your Open email and go through the list. You will either respond to each email, or mark it as OK (no response needed). Go through the entire list once, then refresh to see if anything new has arrived.
With this information, you can efficiently manage your inbox and reply to everyone who’s waiting to hear back from you. At the end of the day, you can be sure that you have handled your most basic Customer Success requirement: leaving no customer unanswered.
Removing emails from Open Email view
Once you’ve replied to the email, you can either wait for Amity to update the view and remove the email from your list, or mark the change in the People app. You can also do the latter for emails that don’t require a response.
To manually remove emails from the view, follow these steps:
- Go to the People app and find the “Open Email” view
- Locate the email that no longer requires a response.
- In the “Email OK” column, double click ‘No.’
- Check off the empty box that appears to change the input to ‘Yes.’
- Click outside the box to save the changes.
- A dialogue box saying, “Person changes saved” will appear. Now, you can refresh the page to update the view which will remove that email from your Open Email view.
If the sender sends another email, the view will update again to show the new message
Note: If you mark an email as ‘OK’, the email will be removed from all email related views.
Creating a personal Open Email view
You can create your own personal Open Email view by following these steps:
- Clone the Open Email view.
- Change the name of the view to include your name.
- Add a filter for ‘Last incoming recipient’ equal to ‘To:[Your Name]’.
- Click Save.