This article will cover the basics of support integrations with the Amity platform.
It covers the following topics:
- Introducing support integrations
- How Amity associates tickets to people and accounts
- How Amity determines which person to associate with a support ticket
- How Amity determines which account to associate with a support ticket
Introducing support integrations
Amity integrates with a number of leading support systems, including Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Freshdesk and others.
Every 2 hours, the Amity integration will connect to the source support system and retrieve new and updated tickets. These tickets will be imported into Amity and associated with the corresponding person and account records. If a ticket has been deleted in the source system, it will not be deleted automatically in Amity. However, you can manually delete tickets in Amity.
What Amity calls “tickets” may be called “cases” in your source system, “requester user” refers to the person/email address that created the ticket, and “organization” is the person’s company.
How Amity associates tickets to people and accounts
All support tickets from external systems contain a requester user and an organization (optional). When Amity examines a ticket, it matches the requester and the organization with an existing Amity person and account, respectively.
How Amity determines which person to associate with a support ticket
- Amity tries to find an existing Amity person that has the same support system user ID (such as in Freshdesk) as the ticket requester.
- It looks for an existing Amity person that has the same email address as the ticket requester.
- If a match is found, the integration will associate the ticket with the matching person.
What if there is no person match?
The integration may create a person record in Amity or skip the ticket. This depends on the integration configuration.
- The default configuration will create a person record if the person can be associated with an existing Amity account.
- To find an existing account, the integration will search for an Amity account that has the support system organization ID.
- If no match is found, the integration will look for an Amity account that has the same email domain as the person's email.
- If a match is found, Amity will create the person record and associate it with the account.
How Amity determines which account to associate with a support ticket
After a person has been matched, Amity will attempt to find a matching account.
- Amity will search the person's associations to find the association that has the same email address as the ticket requester.
- If a match is found, Amity will use the account from that association.
- If no match is found, Amity will use the account from the first person association.